- To avoid a hazardous situation, avoid using firelighters on a warm/hot grate and do not light firelighters in your hand.
- Prevent a chimney fire by ensuring your chimney is regularly swept. We recommend your chimney is professionally cleaned twice a year. At the beginning of the winter season and the end.
- It is always best to store firelighters well away from your fire, preferably in a separate room or shed to prevent any unwanted accidents.
- Once your fire is lit, make sure you use a fire guard or fire screen. Be aware that sparks can sometimes penetrate fireguards, therefore, do not leave your fire to burn unattended, especially when children and pets are nearby. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Do not use firelighters on a warm grate.
- Do not light firelighters in your hand.
Check the safety tips on packs!