- When lighting your fire, place your firelighter on a bed of cinders or amongst the coal in your BBQ.
- Be sure to use long safety matches, striking the match away from you before carefully lighting your fire.
- To avoid a hazardous situation, avoid using firelighters on a warm/hot grate, and do not light firelighters in your hand.
- Prevent a chimney fire, by ensuring your chimney is regularly swept. We recommend your chimney is professionally cleaned twice a year, at the beginning of the winter season and at the end.
- It is best to store firelighters away from your fire, preferably in a separate room or shed to prevent any unwanted accidents.
- Once your fire is lit, make sure you use a fire guard or fire screen. Be aware that sparks can sometimes penetrate fireguards, therefore, do not leave your fire to burn unattended - especially when children and pets are nearby. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Do not use firelighters on a warm grate.
Check the safety tips on packs!